Bachelor of Science-Computer Science and Information Technology (BSc. CSIT)
(TU Affiliated a 4-year semester system)
B.Sc. CSIT is a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology. The objective of BSc. CSIT program at BernHardt is to offer intensive courses in the theory, design, programming and application of computers. The graduate from this program will be equipped with necessary knowledge of computer software system and functional knowledge of hardware system. The program equally focuses on service courses to meet the need of high technology applications like–Operating system, Computer networks, Software Engineering, Simulation and Modeling, Database System, Computer Graphics, Artificial Intelligence, Web Technologies.
BernHardt's graduates of BSc. CSIT have a prosperous career opportunity at different sectors as
- Systems Analyst
- Software Programmer
- IT Officer/Manager
- System Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Network Administrator and many endless possibilities…….
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology at BernHardt College has been established as a centre of excellence in Computer Science, through the initiation and support of eminent personalities and intellectuals who have rich, varied and profound expertise in the field of Computer and Information Technology.
It is our aim to develop students with a strong theoretical and experimental foundation, keeping in the view of the vast scope of employment opportunities in the field of Computer Science and IT. The department has a full-time faculty supported by visiting professors and renowned professionals and academicians.
You must appreciate our efforts and join this college with devotion, dedication and determination.
The World of Information Technology-a reality bite!
In the 21st century, computing technology plays an increasingly important role in every aspect of the society. The Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) provides students with an understanding of fundamental computer science concepts coupled with applied information technology skills to prepare them for careers in computing technology industries.
The CSIT major offers a unique blend of computer science theory and information technology practice. Students in this program begin their education by taking a set of common core courses to establish a sound foundation of computer science and information technology. The students then build upon this foundation by selecting software engineering, networking and security, database management system as their concentration. Throughout the program, students learn fundamental computing and information technology concepts while applying their knowledge to solve real-world problems. In addition to the computer science skills and abilities, students gain an understanding of the human side of computing, the social, ethical and global issues related to technology and the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively through project-based coursework.
- Information Technology–IT can be used potentially in every sector of any organizations.
- The IT industry today stands at maximum growth and most-sought-for demand for core IT professional
- The demand of IT intellectuals has been rising dramatically worldwide such that the need of IT professional simply outnumbers the supply.
- The importance of qualified IT professionals keeps on growing in each year globally.
Why Study BSc. CSIT at BernHardt?
BernHardt realizes the importance of IT management study and helps to enforce the strength of this study so as to benefit our young aspirants to become the successful IT mangers/programmers in the future. To achieve this noble objective, BSc. CSIT program at BernHardt specially attempts in the following aspects:
- Internships in different IT & IT administrating companies.
- Preferences for Seminars & other IT related project works.
- Frequent Research & Presentations.
- Outstanding faculty with proven experience and professional exposure.
- Fully equipped computer and digital laboratories.
- Frequent assessments and prompt feedback.
- Educational excursions in related places.
- Career counseling for job placement.
- Enhancing learning environment.
Eligibility for Admission
The student who is seeking admission must have
- Successfully completed a twelve-year of schooling in science stream or its equivalent from any University, board or institution recognized by Tribhuvan University securing at least Second Division.
- Successfully passed the Entrance Examination conducted by Institute of Science and Technology, Tribhuvan University (IOST-TU)
The BSc CSIT program will have eight semesters with 126 credit hours. Each semester shall have duration of 6 months. This program comprises of the following courses and credit hours:
|Computer science core courses
Natural science elective courses
Social science and management courses
Computer science elective courses
Total Credit hours